Monday, June 23, 2014

Doodlebug Vellum.....Hello Sunshine!



Happy Monday to all! I'm here with you today to show you my take on how to use that oh so delicious vellum from Doodlebug! I have this layout of my sweet girl in the pool with rays of colored sunshine. Let me get started explaining how this layout came together!


I used a sun ray cut from the Silhouette Studio and saved the middle cuts to use as a guide so I would know where to cut out overlapping pieces of the vellum.


Once I had all of my pieces cut out I started adhering the vellum pieces to the back of my die cut. The entire sun ray cut was measured to be 11 1/2". Then I adhered that piece to a sheet of 12 x 12 white cardstock so the vellum colors would shine through.


Once I had the main part of the layout completed I started decorating those beautiful rays of sunshine and around my photos! There are all types of matching embellishments from Doodlebug that were so much fun to use!


I also brought in pieces from other collections that were a perfect match! If you'll look closely you'll see pieces from Fruit Stand, Sugar Shoppe, and Springtime.


In this close up you'll see some of the staples of Doodlebug such as the buttons, Sprinkles, and the new washi tape that I used as additional sun rays!



Thanks for stopping by today!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment